Most mornings Ev eats overnight oats, which are exactly what they sound like. Here’s what you do:
- Lay out your jars. I use 4oz mason jars and generally make 3-5 at a time.
- Fill each jar halfway with rolled oats.
- Top with the toppings of your choice. I usually do a Tbsp of peanut butter, a few drops of vanilla extract, and a sprinkle of cinnamon. Banana chunks, other spices, and chia seeds are all good options.
- Fill to the top of the jar with oats.
- Pour milk (cows, unsweetened nut, breast, etc) over the oats until the jar is full.
- Lid and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning you can serve cold, warm for 15-20 seconds in the microwave, mix with yogurt or milk kefir, or add fresh fruit.